Scientific Systems, Inc., State College, PA
Nov 2002 - Jun 2005 Electronics Engineer / Programmer
This was a contract engineering position, for specific hardware and software projects.
Directly responsible for electronics circuit design including schematic generation, component sourcing, schematic capture, PCB layout, testing and documentation for various electronics devices related to high pressure pumping systems and related scientific instrumentation. Wrote firmware for PIC microcontrollers used in above in C+. Wrote and documented data acquisition software in C++ and VB including Excel model interfaces for end user applications and in-house automated testing systems. Project samples include:
- Motor control systems for new pump designs
- Flow monitoring and calibration system (ATS) using Sensirion flow sensors
- Pump control (flow sequencing) plugin for ҅ZChromҠHPLC software, export to EXCEL in real time
- Design and PCB layout for stepper motor drivers, optical sensors, and various digital I/O interfaces
- Modelled pulsation in output flow due to fluid compressibility in dual piston reciprocating pumps. Worked with mechanical engineers to develop adjustable volume pump cylinder for compressibility compensation.